peg decided like 3 days ago
that i should enter this bake-off.
(and by that i mean, she called to tell me i was already signed up for it...)
the first annual bake-off of put on by my nutrition-by-calli friend.
needless to say,
i didn't think just a fab recipe of rolls would do the trick...
for some yumtown rolls....
that i made even healthier.
(next time i am going to try the "can't believe it's not butter" option..)
this is me and candice - she won in her category too.
i won't even lie, i am kind of a one-hit wonder.
there is not much that i bake...
but, because I like you:
Meg's Naughty Buttery Crescent Rolls
2 c. Skim milk
1/2 c. butter (1 stick)
1/2 c. sugar
2 t. salt
7 c. flour (3 cups whole wheat)
4 eggs (beaten) or 1 cup egg substitute
2 T. yeast
[Preheat oven to 350 degrees]
1. Dissolve yeast in 1/2 c. warm water and sprinkle with sugar
2. Put first 4 ingredients in large bowl and microwave for 4 minutes
3. Add 3 cups flour to melted ingredients, stir.
4. Add yeast and beaten eggs to mixture, stir
5. Add another 4 cups flour to mixture, stir
6. Let dough rise uncovered in bowl 1 hour
7. After rising, divide dough in half and roll into circles about 1/4 in. thick
8. Brush melted butter onto dough
9. Cut into 16 slices and roll toward the center
10. Place rolls on greased cookie sheet and brush butter on the rolls.
bake @ 350 for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden. Brush again
with butter while still hot. (You may even want to dip them in meltedbutter to serve)