Sunday, September 28, 2008
i live on the east coast.
there is good eats here.
i ate at a place called "oohs and ahhs"-- strictly soul food. collared greens, mashed yams, cornbread, potato salad, steak, ribs, and fried chicken... and yes, we ate it all.... and paid for it the whole night...
we watched this movie. so choice. (review soon on other blog...)
i also went to an improv show called "POTUS (pres. of the U.S.) Among Us." the comedians all have a phony platform and we vote on just two and they have various hilarious scenes that play out before we elect one to make a speech... so funny...
went to this place. danced in my latin shoes for over an hour and a half with a tall white kid that could show me whats what on the salsa floor. he gushed the whole way home about how good i was and how fast i picked it up... (please... white chocolate packs it in the back... and my mama gave me rhythm... sue me.)
then we went by a falafel place. let me tell you about the goodness that is the amsterdam falafel: take chickpeas and mash em, roll em into balls and then fry em, then put them into a pita with a yogurty sauce, onions with garlicy mess on em, cucumbers, tomatoey things... talk about heaven. if you get one, be sure to smash your balls to fit in all the goodness (a sign said that- not me... but i just said it too... so...)
now, some inspiration: sent to me from the principal of my school this evening. might be a hint campy, but perhaps sometimes i need a reminder...
LEMONS and SUGAR
This should probably be taped to your bathroom mirror
where one could read it every day.
You may not realize it, but it's 100% true.
1. There are at least two people in this world that you would die for.
2. At least 15 people in this world
love you in some way.
3. The only reason anyone would ever hate you
is because they want to be just like you.
4. A smile from you can bring happiness to anyone, even if they don't like you.
5. Every night, SOMEONE thinks about you before they go to sleep.
6. You mean the world to someone.
7. You are special and unique.
8. Someone that you don't even know exists, loves you.
9. When you make the biggest mistake ever, something good comes from it.
10. When you think the world has turned its back on, you
take another look.
11. Always remember the compliments you received.
Forget about the rude remarks.
And always remember....
when life hands you Lemons,
ask for Sugar and call me over!