Thursday, July 5, 2007

To the East Side... Day 1...


So New York City is one of my favorite places on earth-- which honestly isn't saying much because I haven't been many places, but of those that I have been to, and the places I think I would like to visit-- my favorite. I love the smell there-- Josh laughs, but the conglomeration of food, must, urine, and hobos make for a memorable aroma that brings me back to a place I often wish I could call home. We stayed in a cute little place that was a friend of a friend of a neighbor, the weather was perfect every day, and I got to spend everyday with my best friend. It was great. I will give you the saga in a Reader's Digest's Itinerary Fashion-- bear with me:
FRIDAY:
Beginning at 12am the morning of my flight I check the ticket information that has been adorning my bulletin board for a month and find that it does not in fact say I am to leave on June 29, 2007, but that I am to leave on July 29, 2007. I frantically call Delta-- no answer. I call for about 30 minutes before I can get through... then when I do- I wait for 50 minutes, and then when someone gets on, I explain that some dufus scheduled the wrong day... yadda yadda... 2 more hours later (3:30am or so) I got the ticket changed for no charge. (Ps- the trick to fenageling crap like that is to simply say "who would I talk to if i need to complain about something like this- I mean, if the 'customer service kids' can't handle it could I talk to their supervisor?" To hear that, they always give me what I want- I know the system because I am that system...enough said)

So- on the flight, boarded, ready to go, and we pull back into the gate after 40 minutes of waiting because something needs to be 'checked out'. Whatever. I guess safety is the key- but what about MY needs! When we do get in the air, we are not just 45 minutes out- they barely turn off the "no seatbelt sign" and there is a guy on my flight a few rows back that just shut down-- had a diabetic seizure. He just had a deer-in-the-headlights look and was twitching and not speaking... pretty freaky. They asked for the MD, and you bet- he was sitting right next to me. He was older and some young paramedic guy got up and tried to look all professional too, asking the old timer all sorts of questions- flashing his title around for all to hear... yadda yadda... we stopped in Denver cause this guy was not looking good. The MD got him a shot of somethin good and some chocolate and he was coming-to by the time we stopped- I got home at 1am.

Josh had food there for me-- including the much needed swig products. He also rented cute movies that we said we would watch and so when we got home we cuddled and watched a movie and didn't sleep much before having to get up at 5:30 to get on our bus to NY.

1 comment:

  1. Look at all those beautiful pictures! It looks like you guys had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete

cause they make me smile